To ensure carcases reach the desirable pH values, it is imperative that the animals’ glycogen levels are built up prior to slaughter.
Which of the following factors contribute to building up glycogen stores?
- Taking animals off feed for over 72 hours prior to slaughter
- Ensuring a minimum of two weeks off shears before slaughter
- Good nutrition in lead up to slaughter
- Handling sheep and lambs quietly during mustering and loading
- Stressful activity within 48 hours of slaughter
Select the correct answers, then click Done.